Calling all middle and high school students! Time to think like an advertiser!
AIM wants to talk about mental health. Each year, our annual AIM for Awareness Ad contest invites students like YOU to submit an Ad that promotes our cause.
Imagine you are hired by AIM to design an Ad that could be used in magazines or any other media and represent AIM’s movement to promote youth mental health.
We are looking for Ads that can provide hope to someone struggling with mental health. Your Ad may encourage other youth to speak up and seek help, or it might encourage others to be empathetic.
Interested in participating in the AIM for Awareness Student Ad Contest? Click here for project description and guidelines.
2019 Dates & Deadlines
August 1, 2019
Ad Contest begins! Send your submissions!
October 21, 2019
Last day to submit entries.
Submission deadline 5:00 pm PST.
October 24, 2019
Ad Contest Awards Reception – Carmel, CA
Carmel Sunset Center Lobby
From 5-8 pm, Program starts at 6 pm
AD CONTEST RULES & DETAILS
Students in grade 6-12 are welcome to enter their adwork into the contest.
Ads must include the following elements in order to be considered:
- AIM logo* either digital or drawn/painted
- Website link – aimformentalhealth.org (written)
- One of the following facts:
- Over 17 million children suffer from a mental disorder.
- Over 25% of youth struggle with their mental health.
- Anxiety is the most common emotional problem in children.
- 20% of youth ages 13-18 live with a mental health condition.
- 5.2 million children ages 3-17 diagnosed with ADHD.
- Submit with your completed entry form.
Many past entries included our mission statement, but it is not required for entry. See our ABOUT page for our mission statement and to get inspiration for your ad.
* Click here to download digital files of AIM’s branding materials including our logo.
SEND YOUR ENTRIES:
Ready to submit your Ad Contest entry? Be sure to fill out this entry form and send in your piece by October 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
- Mail your entry to: AIM Youth Mental Health – PO Box 4235, Carmel, CA 93921
- Email us a high-resolution scan of your adwork to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Email us: email@example.com
What type of artwork and what size? There are two prize categories: traditional artwork (painting or drawing) and graphic art (computer generated). Your Ad should be no larger than 11” x 17”, and can be on any medium.
Will prizes be awarded? Yes, medals will be given to the top 3 submissions in each category. Middle and high school submissions will be judged separately. All participants who submit an ad will be entered into a drawing to win gift cards.
Will Ads be displayed? Yes. Winners will be announced at the AIM Reception and Exhibition at the Carmel Sunset Center on Thursday, October 24, 2019 where the Ads will be on display.
When and where is the Ad due? All Ads are due on Monday, October 21, 2019 at 5:00 pm. You may mail your artwork to: PO Box 4235, Carmel, California 93921 or email your artwork to: firstname.lastname@example.org.