Calling all middle and high school students! Time to think like an advertiser!
AIM wants to talk about mental health. Each year, our annual AIM for Awareness Ad contest invites students like YOU to submit an Ad that promotes our cause.
Imagine you are hired by AIM to design an Ad that could be used in magazines or any other media and represent AIM’s movement to promote youth mental health.
We are looking for Ads that can provide hope to someone struggling with mental health. Your Ad may encourage other youth to speak up and seek help, or it might encourage others to be empathetic.
Scroll down to learn more and submit your Ad concept by October 11, 2019.
2019 Dates & Deadlines
January 2, 2019
Ad Contest begins! Send your submissions!
October 11, 2019
Last day to submit entries.
Submission deadline 11:59 am PST.
October 18, 2019
Ad Contest Awards Reception – Carmel, CA
AD CONTEST RULES & DETAILS
Students in grade 6-12 are welcome to enter their adwork into the contest.
Ads must include the following elements in order to be considered:
- AIM logo* either digital or drawn/painted
- Website link – aimformentalhealth.org (written)
- One of the following facts:
- Over 17 million children suffer from a mental disorder.
- Over 25% of youth struggle with their mental health.
- Anxiety is the most common emotional problem in children.
- 20% of youth ages 13-18 live with a mental health condition.
- 5.2 million children ages 3-17 diagnosed with ADHD.
- Submit with your completed entry form.
Many past entries included our mission statement, but it is not required for entry. See our ABOUT page for our mission statement and to get inspiration for your ad.
* Click here to download digital files of AIM’s branding materials including our logo.
SEND YOUR ENTRIES:
Ready to submit your Ad Contest entry? Be sure to fill out this entry form and send in your piece by October 11, 2019 at 11:59 AM.
- Mail your entry to: AIM Youth Mental Health – PO Box 4235, Carmel, CA 93921
- Email us a high-resolution scan of your adwork to email@example.com
- Turn in your artwork to the AIM ambassador in charge of pickup at your school
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What type of artwork and what size? There are two prize categories: traditional artwork (painting or drawing) and graphic art (computer generated). Your Ad should be no larger than 11” x 17”, and can be on any medium.
Will prizes be awarded? Yes. Artwork will be judged on how it represents AIM’s mission with prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the two categories of traditional art (painting or drawing) and graphic art (computer or animation). Middle and High School will be judged separately. Prize gift cards: 1st – $100 (4), 2nd – $50 (4), 3rd – $25 (4) – 12 prizes all together!
Will Ads be displayed? Yes. Winners will be announced at the AIM Reception and Exhibition at the Carmel Rotary Club on Friday, October 18, 2019 where the Ads will be on display. They will also be displayed at the AIM for Awareness Rally at Lovers Point Park in Pacific Grove, California on Sunday, October 20, 2019 from 1-3 pm.
When and where is the Ad due? All Ads are due on Friday, October 11, 2019 at noon. You may turn in your artwork to the AIM ambassador in charge of pickup, mail your artwork to: PO Box 4235, Carmel, California 93921 or email your artwork to: email@example.com.